Wednesday, August 31, 2016

Blackfellows Caves in the Limestone Coast

Just down the road from our holiday house is the small village of Blackfellows Caves. We call it Blackfellas, for short.

The caves have eroded into the limestone bluffs and it makes for great viewing. As I walked around the edge of the caves I could hear the echoing of the waves thundering into the caves below me. 

We like this spot, it has a playground and barbeque area as well as places to fish. Isabel is becoming a keen fisherperson.

We did try some fishing after we took Summer back to the house to stay with Dad, while he put the roof on our new pergola. She'd had enough. Isabel caught two undersized salmon that we threw back. Looking forward to more fishing with her, I enjoy it too.

















9 comments:

  1. I love this kind of place where you can enjoy everything else while around water. Succulents always amaze me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am amazed how they survive in this environment. These ones, get a gorgeous purple flower too.

      Delete
  2. It is a part of Australia that always seems more 'rugged' than I am used to here on the East Coast. Is it because of the ocean essentially being closer to the Antarctic do you think? Those places are both amazing and 'scary' because they are! Up the coast from me, there is a beautiful sea-cave I guess you'd call it. I've been there twice to take pics but it's been tarnished for me since a poor woman was found dead in the water after being murdered. Creepy and sad.....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks cool to me - I'm living in Florida in a steam tent. Great place to ramble.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for linking up Alicia. Blackfellas looks like a great spot to explore.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooooo Australia. One of the places I'd love to visit if I win Deltas Roundtree Tickets to anywhere in the world. I love those kind of wild places next to the ocean. There is something about the salt in the air, the call of the birds and the splash of the water on your skin. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooooo Australia. One of the places I'd love to visit if I win Deltas Roundtree Tickets to anywhere in the world. I love those kind of wild places next to the ocean. There is something about the salt in the air, the call of the birds and the splash of the water on your skin. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is the first time I've linked GivingNSharing up on your blog. Hope to be back even tho I'm not a regular blogger. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is the first time I've linked GivingNSharing up on your blog. Hope to be back even tho I'm not a regular blogger. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for so much visiting, and even more so for leaving a friendly comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...