Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Where the ferk is the paint place owl?

My place in time #88 - A shop that's no longer open






This post has been a few months in the works. I took the above photos back in August. 

It's the old Paint Place shop. The signs are still up, but no one is home. It's been closed down for a few years now.

The previous owner Andrew, now works at the nearby Banner hardware store.

I was in Banner yesterday buying plants. What else?! I bought a chilli plant, some capsicum plants and some lettuce seed, just incase you were wondering. If your weren't I was going to tell you anyway.

I happened to see Andrew, and asked about the owl on top of the shop. I had only noticed it earlier in the year and wondered how long it had been there. He asked if I was walking when I noticed it. Low and behold I had been. Apparently it was common for people to only notice it that way, instead of just driving past.

He informed me it had been there for about three or four years.

No word of a lie, I drove around the corner after our convo, and I'll be buggered if the owl wasn't there! I was like What the Ferk! The owl is gone!

I am wondering if Andrew too looked for the old owl when he left work, after being reminded, and is What the Ferking about where the owl has gone!




Where the ferk is the paint place owl?!


Rarely I blog on a Tuesday. Today was one of those days :)

7 comments:

  1. #findthepaintplaceowl this is now your mission!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am considering bringing it up with the local paper. Total small town paper fodder. Will give something for locals to ponder. #bignewslittletown

      Delete
  2. We had one of those owls - they're a cracker! Someone must have wanted a momento x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am sure it was there at Halloween when we visited the business next door. I have become quite fond of that owl. I am going to miss it. It's a mystery.

      Delete
  3. Ha ha - the case of the mysterious missing owl ;)

    Hello from #teamIBOT

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for so much visiting, and even more so for leaving a friendly comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...