Sunday, February 24, 2013

Peach Pie

I have had peaches coming out of every orifice, ears, arse, you name it. Our tree brought the goods this year, I love it. 

Me and Izzy have gone out and filled up bags and bags with peaches. Her on one side of the ladder and me on the other, and a shop bag hanging on the side. I have frozen several bags of stewed peaches, eaten heaps, made pie for the neighbours, made pudding and now I've made BBQ sauce too!


Peach Pie


Filling
Peaches
1 Tbspn sugar

Pastry
1 1/2 cups flour
salt and 2 tspns sugar, mixed into flour
3 Tbspn margarine or butter
2 - 3 Tbspn cold water

Rub butter into flour. Add water and form into dough. Wrap in cling film and refrigerate.
Peel and slice the peaches thickly.
Roll out dough and cover the bottom and sides of the pie dish.
Layer in the peaches and sprinkle the sugar over.
With remaining pastry, cut into strips and crisscross them over the top.
Bake at 200 for 15 - 20 minutes.

Instead of peaches, try other fruit. This is the recipe I always use for apple pie. To.die.for!


If this seems like too much fiddling around, you could always just layer the fruit into the pie dish and just cover the top with pastry. The following photo is just that. Pile up the fruit under the pastry top , the fruit will settle once it cooks down. Cook for the same amount of time.

Delicious with cream or ice cream!


8 comments:

  1. I have a peach fan in this family who would love to have your tree. He seems to miss out a bit on peaches as the rest of us are not big fans of the fruit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yum! I love the criss cross pie cover. Am going to do that one day :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love stewed peaches but I have never made peach pie. I do have a peach tree but it is a dwarf so I have to beat my dog to the crop! I have not been very successful this year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I usually make apple pie. The last couple of years haven't been that good with peach tree, bumper crop this year.

      Delete
  4. Yum. I would love to be able to make pastry, would this work with the frozen stuff?? I love how you have included a lazy version too!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope you saved me a slice! It looks scrumptious!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for so much visiting, and even more so for leaving a friendly comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...