Saturday, December 29, 2012

Green Bean Salad

I love this salad, it brings back great food memories from my mums kitchen and the spreads she put on our kitchen table. I could eat a whole bowl full of this stuff.

I have just started getting beans aplenty from the garden, this is the first thing I have done with them. We had them cold, but makes an good warm salad as well.


I made this using a couple of handfuls of fresh green beans straight from the garden, boiled for about 5 minutes, not even that. You can leave the beans whole or cut in half.
I finely chopped up a small clove of garlic and threw it on top of the drained beans, in a bowl.
Glugged about 1-2 tablespoon of olive oil on top and a dash of vinegar(maybe a teaspoon), and mixed it all up.
  Love, love, love it!

2 comments:

  1. Yum! I love beans. This sounds right up my alley :-)Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is nothing better than freshly picked beans straight from your garden. This recipe sounds great, so simple, but so yummy!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for so much visiting, and even more so for leaving a friendly comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...