Saturday, November 17, 2012

Apricot and almond biscuits




150g butter, chopped
½ cup sugar
1 cup rolled oats
3/4cup self-raising flour
150g dried apricots, chopped
2 Tblsp flaked almonds
1 egg, lightly beaten

Preheat oven to 180°C.
Put butter and sugar in a saucepan on medium heat. Stir to melt butter and dissolve sugar.
When butter has melted and sugar dissolved, take off the heat. Put remaining ingredients in a bowl, pour the melted butter mix over and stir to combine.
 Place a heaped teaspoon of the biscuit mixture onto the tray about 2 cm apart.
Bake for 12-15 minutes. Cool on a wire rack.

 




6 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, I'm drooling over here. Those look absolutely delicious! Thanks for sharing - the recipe looks really easy and I am looking forward to trying them soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Alicia, that looks good, if only I can have some pieces! Someone sent me from abroad more than a kilo of almonds, but i want to eat them just than while viewing TV and while blogging. Re: my weeds post, I totally agree with you, but weeds in the tropics are different, they just can't go side by side with crops, so we better appreciate them in the marginal areas. Thanks for dropping by, hope you visit again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks absolutely delicious! What else to say!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These look both easy and delicious! Whenever I eat apricots, I'm always reminded of the huge old apricot tree in my Mum's back yard. I hope you have a lovely weekend and look forward to seeing more yummy recipes next week!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for so much visiting, and even more so for leaving a friendly comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...